As we gear up for another fun football season at Macquarie Dragons, we would like to invite your child to our upcoming Football Grading session which is applicable to all Under 8 through to Under 13 age groups.
Date: Thursday 22nd February (NEW DATE)
Time: 5pm to 5.50pm (U8 and U9)
6pm to 6.50pm (U10 and U11)
7pm to 7.50pm (U12)
Location: Marsfield Park, Marsfield (NEW LOCATION)
Our Football Grading sessions are an important way to ensure each player and/or team is placed in the most suitable division for their skill level and experience. We believe in creating an inclusive and supportive environment for every child, and this process helps us form balanced teams that enhance both individual development and overall team dynamics and enjoyment.
During the grading session, experienced coaches will assess various skills, including technical abilities, teamwork and sportsmanship. This is to ensure that where possible your child is placed in a team/division that best aligns with their current capabilities. If you are new to the club, it is also a great way to meet other players and parents, and even find a team to join for the upcoming season.
At the grading session we will be assessing the following:
Individuals or groups who are wanting to achieve a higher division and be assessed appropriately to be placed in the appropriate team.
Teams who wish to stay together and wish to be assessed as a whole group to be placed in the most appropriate division.
If a player or team wishes to play in a Division 1 competition, they will be assessed individually or as the team to ensure skill and competitiveness.
For the individuals or teams who do not wish to be graded at a higher level, we base it on friendships and previously formed teams and will use the grading session to choose the most appropriate division for them to play in for the upcoming season.
Important grading info:
• There will be ONE grading session for each age group only
• All players MUST BE REGISTERED with the club prior to grading day
• Please ensure the registration includes all of your contact information to aid preparation communication prior to grading
• Registration on the day is not possible and the grading coaches will only accept registered players on their grading sheets
• Please do not drop off your child more than 15 minutes prior to the session start
• All players should bring water bottle and must wear appropriate football attire including shin pads & boots to be able to participate
• The age coordinators will email confirmation of teams and divisions approx. 2-3 weeks after the grading session and before the orientation day in March
If your child is unable to attend the grading session please don’t worry as it will not stop them from being able to join a team or play in the upcoming season. However, please email your relevant age convenor and they will be able to provide further information.