Update on Coronavirus - 19th March
The Association (NWSF) met to discuss the direction from FFA to postpone all football activities until 14 April.
The good news is that we can still play a FULL season, subject to the details below.
All competitions are currently scheduled to commence on the weekend of 2 May (note: this date accounts for Anzac day). With football activities due to resume on 14 April, it should provide teams with enough time for a second pre-season and to get fit for round 1. This also allows enough time for a full competition to be played out, though may require the finals rounds to be adjusted (wet weather etc.). Please note the mini’s competition will be slightly reduced to 16 rounds.
We encourage and urge players and parents to remain patient. The Association is working very hard to make a full competition fit within the time we have. Should these dates slip, there are contingencies in place for further adjustments. Everyone involved here has the interests of football at heart and would like to get everyone out in park playing as soon as practically possible.
In terms of fees, should the competition start on 2 May, a full season will be played out and there will be no adjustments. If the season gets shortened, the Association will review the fees based on the length of the competition – no decisions will be made until the competition format is finalised.
Therefore we ask you to please not de-register yourself or your children from football.
We do not know yet what the State Government’s policy will be in regards to Active Kids Vouchers. We are not permitted to refund the vouchers back to parents – these may be transferred to another club or another sport if required.
The situation with COVID-19 is changing every day, and we will be monitoring developments and updating everyone accordingly.
We hope you and your families stay healthy.